Recently, I needed to locate a device on my network using ARP (Address Resolution Protocol). I could have written code that directly uses the protocol to discover the device, by essentially probing a range of addresses on my network until it found the right one. But, that proved to be too much work. So, I decided […]
I’ve just recently gotten into electronics. For the longest time, I’ve enjoyed using breadboards to prototype simple circuits with 555 timers, LEDs, and other little components. Recently, my ability to move beyond simple circuits was tested by a new project. Long story short, I had to develop a custom PCB (printed circuit board) to drive […]
I’d like to announce my latest plugin: wrapDetector. wrapDetector is designed to do one thing: return a list of characters at which a line can wrap. I’ve created the project at BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/MostThingsWeb/wrapdetector. If you find it interesting, give it a try. I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.
I’ve begun my journey into the world of Zend Framework, and like a lot of other people out there, I’m clueless. Nevertheless, I am slowly (very slowly, I’ll add) using it to develop my first project. I’ve already encountered a few problems that I’ve been able to fix. They were very annoying to track down; […]
After browsing around a little bit, I found an interesting solution if you need to hide the tab headers on a tab control. I found it here, posted on the MSDN social forums by “nobugz” (Hans Passant). Here is his solution: Basically, you define your own class that extends TabControl. The custom class overrides the WndProc […]
I’ve created a quick, simple tool that converts CSS file references (like url(images/someimage.png)) to inline image data (like url(‘data:….’)). Written in C#, and available as an open source download (see below), the tool is a point-and-click alternative to manually making the data URIs. To use the tool, follow these three steps: Open the CSS file […]
While working with HtmlAgilityPack to build a web scrapper/crawler, I noticed something: I hate XPath. It’s big, clunky, and verbose. After a bit of searching, I found a neat online app: http://css2xpath.appspot.com/. As the name suggests, it converts CSS selectors to XPath selectors. The only problem is that I wanted a client-side solution. A little […]
Project Moved This project has moved to BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/MostThingsWeb/textarea-line-count